Indiana Continuing Education Requirements
AIA architect members are required to complete 18 learning unit (LU) hours of continuing education per year for membership renewal. Of those 18 LU hours, at least 12 hours must be in Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) topics. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Below is a brief description of the continuing education requirements for registered architects in the state of Indiana.
- 24 Continuing Education Units (CEU's) are required every two years. The next deadline is Dec. 31, 2017.
- 16 of the 24 CEU’s must be health, safety, and welfare education (HSW).
- CEU’s from other states will be accepted within the State of Indiana.
- CEU’s earned in excess of required 24 per 2 year period may not be rolled over to subsequent years.
- CEU’s are not submitted with the Architect's biennial license renewal. Only if audited, is the individual responsible to provide verification of their 24 hours of continuing education.
- If audited, an Architect or Landscape Architect has 30 days to submit verification of their continuing education.
CEU's are available through most AIA sponsored activities, programs and events. Further opportunities for gaining CEU's will be announced throughout the year. The wide variety of qualified activities and limitations of accumulating CEU's are identified in detail on the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency website accessible through the link below.