Provide administrative oversight for all Building Authority properties, including the operation, maintenance, budgeting, alteration and construction of facilities managed by the Indianapolis-Marion County Building Authority. This position is located in downtown Indianapolis and properties are located in Marion County.
- Discharge the duties associated with all aspects of managing the Building Authority in support of and as directed by the General Manager.
- Assist with long-term planning, budget preparation and analysis.
- Assist with the formation of agreements enhancing cost savings.
- Assist with bonded project initiatives and successful execution of plan.
- Assist with the Authority’s insurance bids and renewals.
- Oversee property maintenance service contracts and renewals.
- Oversee Facility Alterations and Public Service departments.
- Assume lead management role in large-scale construction projects.
- Oversee insurance claims and provide direction for proper processing.
- Manage Information Technology systems, equipment and security/ access.
- Chair safety committee and manage & provide training for safety programs.
- Oversee asbestos program and coordinate documentation and certifications.
- Initiate & oversee development/ skills training for employees.
- Create and implement employee recognition initiatives, rewards and incentives.
- Prepare regular communications to employees via sources such as the newsletter.
- Serve as liaison to the other agencies for reporting and documentation requests.
- Assist in the hiring process of administrative and supervisory personnel.
- Assume lead role in implementing and maintaining disability ADA upgrades.
- Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his absence.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering/ technology or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in facility management.
- Demonstrated success in facility operations leadership.
- Knowledgeable of HVAC control technology.
- Industry designation or certification preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exhibit attention to detail and possess good listening skills.
- Mathematical inclination and aptitude for analysis.
- Familiarity with the language and terms used in contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communications; team player.
- Professional with a personality compatible with service to the public.
- Proficiency in modern technology and able to improve processes.
- Understanding of construction /design process as owner’s representative.
- Residency qualifications apply.