Morley and Associates is a vertically integrated design company. Founded in 1976, Morley and Associates provides Construction Management, Architectural, Structural, Civil Site Design, Land Surveying, and Financial Services throughout the Midwest. With 40 years of history, we respect the experience and stability that has brought us this far, but understand the need for innovation and renewal. With that in mind we are undergoing new branding and expanding to new markets to better represent our current team. That said, with over 30 team members, representing multiple nations, we work in a variety of market sectors in multiple states. We pride ourselves on our customer oriented method of project delivery and our professional yet flexible work environment.
Our primary Architectural markets include:
- Commercial Offices
- Retail Centers and Tenant Development
- Institutional / Educational
- Light Industrial
Our current opportunity is for a Senior Architect with team leadership experience. We intend to fill the position with an outgoing person with good problem solving and effective leadership skills. This position is open to upward mobility into a management position. As a senior architect, you will be required to demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, team leadership and communication skills; with a thorough understanding of building codes, design methods, and construction techniques.
You will be required to:
- Be able to constructively communicate with both clients and contractors; evaluating needs and desires to determine and present the best options for forward progress.
- Work alone, in a team setting, or lead project teams; with the ability to coordinate with different trades and consultants while assuring work is accurate, compliant, and complete.
- Ensure architectural designs and overall projects conform to applicable codes; including current building and fire codes, ADA, Energy Compliance, and Local Ordinances; while maintaining the project and clients needs and intents.
- Provide timely services to meet agreed upon client and project schedules.
- Maintain and create new client contacts to assist in moving the department into the future.
- Mentor, lead, direct, supervise, and evaluate work of graduate and junior level team members.
- Effectively utilize software for design, construction document development, and construction administration.
- Be able to technically assess both potential and ongoing projects evaluating existing and proposed conditions to properly determine the best course of action.
- Perform project programming, schematic design, design development, computer modeling, construction documentation, and construction administrative services.
- Ability to visit and traverse construction and project sites to evaluate design conformance.
Applicants will be required to have a minimum of 8 years of professional experience post accredited degree, with licensure in at least one state and the ability to obtain a license in the State of Indiana. A working knowledge of Building Codes, and federal guidelines is required. The ability to effectively use AutoCad, Revit, SchetchUp and ComCheck to develop project designs and documentation. Current US citizenship or permanent US visa is required.
The following are preferred but not required:
- LEED AP certification
- Evansville Contractors License, or Project Management Certification
- Experience working on Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and Integrated Project Delivery method projects.
- Experience working as a lead architect / project manager in our primary markets sectors.
- Experience providing construction level documentation in our primary market sectors.
- Experience providing on-site construction level coordination and field design.
- Personal or Familial connection to this region.
Opening is a full-time salary employee position with full company benefits. Salary will be determined by fit and experience of applicant. Benefits include; health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time off, 401 (k) program, paid approved seminar leave, partial approved education reimbursement, paid professional organization membership, and profit sharing and holiday bonuses. Morley and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to protected veteran, qualified disability, or other protected statuses.
Morley and Associates, Inc.
4800 Rosebud Lane
Newburgh, IN 47630